3.26.2012

eating this week






monday: veggie gratin + bread (carryover from last week)
tuesday: spinach and feta pasta, (from Jen's blog)
wednesday: zucchini and corn nachos (and another from Jen's blog...what can I say? she has great taste!)
thursday: chili lime rice + tofu + sweet potatoes
friday: leftovers



I just realized these are ALL new dishes so fingers crossed for some winners!

Some verdicts from previous weeks? (my friend Jen does this and I love reading the updates on new dishes) 

The taco rolls from last week? They were OK. Probably not something I'll work in regularly as I didn't think the effort was worth the reward - not enough of an improvement from a regular taco/burrito but I suppose a great appetizer type of food. I will say I liked them MUCH better cold from the fridge the next day ;)

Also, the quinoa with corn and scallions from the week before...also just an "eh." There's potential but I have a couple of similar recipes in the queue so I probably won't mess around with trying to improve on this one.

I did pick up Cooking from the Garden from the library a couple of days ago. It's not strictly vegetarian fare but most recipes are and those that aren't could be adapted. Looks to have a ton of promising recipes so I'll more than likely be incorporating a couple into next week's menu.

2 comments:

  1. E- I double the veggies in the pasta and half the pasta. You are feeding a family of five though so maybe just double the veggies:) I like lots of veggies...I also cook the tomatoes by themselves (not adding in the mushrooms quite yet) for a bit because I like them a little softer then they allow for. Just wanted to give you my notes before you cooked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that chili lime rice sounds delish! yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...