10.31.2012

a quick comparison

I know a lot of you print elements you've purchased or found around the web for your layouts and project life spreads so while printing some test prints of my latest kit, I thought I'd show a comparison of how they print on a couple of different paper options.

These cards are printed on the paper I typically use, Kodak Matte Photo Paper. It's just slightly lighter weight than the inexpensive white cardstock I buy in bulk to use for backgrounds and also, a touch more bright white.




Here is a comparison of the photo paper (left) and white cardstock (right.) The cardstock is perfectly serviceable but you can see that with the photo paper, the colors are more vibrant and the details a bit crisper. Obviously the sheet price is a little higher but for the quality, I think it's worth it.

So, if you're doing a lot of hybrid stuff in your crafting, try some test prints to see what works best for you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted this. I've been needing the push to go buy some of the Matte paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some Epson Presentation Paper I still haven't used. Must try this and compare. And OMG, LOVE these new printables Erica. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...