1.01.2009









January 1st always marks the day the holiday decorations come down. So far, everything is put away but the "big" tree. So, I figured this would be a good month to establish a regular cleaning & shopping schedule.

The rest of the day will find me finishing up the decoration storage, putting away all of the CLEAN laundry so I can start fresh with everything put away and a general sweep of the house. I already did a pretty thorough cleaning of the boys' playroom after Christmas to get rid of all of the broken/missing pieces/junky happy meal type stuff. Then later on I'll establish my schedule and get my grocery list started - so fun! ha.

I figure starting off the year with a not-as-fun month will encourage me to go strong so I can reward myself with a more exciting task next month! Plus, it will be nice to not freak when we find out guests are coming. I'd prefer a generally acceptable house as opposed to the "oh-shit-we-have-company-coming" emergency scramble cleaning I'm accustomed to ;)

So, for those of you playing along (and I'm so grateful that some of you are!) I'd love to hear what you've settled on for January!

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha...so there with you on the "oh no company's coming..." Glad to know I'm not alone. I am also planning to make some changes this year, too. Love your ideas! Thanks for sharing. :-) Your sweetie is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to hang the 'e's back up in Emma's room so she doesn;t ruin them all. Then I think we are going to upgrade her fishtank. I'm starting small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like your new blog look! :)

    Good for you for tackling all these things. I have big plans to get our house looking better too. There's too much stuff in here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know all about the oh ish lets clean now stuff... we did this right before new years for company!

    s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Love this E!...the idea of doing something :)
    I am not making any resolutions...and no "word" for me this year.
    However....I/we have much to work on in our life here.....and I'm hoping to work hard on that this year...so I will try :)
    Hugs and luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "oh-shit-we-have-company-coming" emergency scramble cleaning.... Too bad we left 3/4 of our fake tree standing. Sorry babe I had to let your friends know the truth =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...