9.26.2013

in which I knit

I haven't shared any knitted projects in ages. I've done a handful of simple projects...scarves and the like - plain knitted rectangles that are satisfying no-look knits that I can work on while I read or watch TV. My sister asked me to knit a few hats and headbands for her coming-in-November  baby girl so I directed her to some yarn, had her buy what she liked and got to work putting some things together. A couple of weeks later and here we are:


I forgot how much I love baby knits. So fast and inevitably cute. A shrug/hat combo, nordic inspired with tassels, a bunny hat (that still needs some ribbon for those ears) in anticipation of Easter and red and white stripes that will surely be used for some Christmas portraits. I'm about halfway through the yarn she purchased so I have a couple more enjoyable weeks ahead of me. Then, who knows? Maybe I'll tackle a real project for someone in my own house! I know Izzy has her heart set on a monster hat so I see stripes and tassels and felt eyes in my future.

5 comments:

  1. Love all of them! The pink one is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to grab my needles! do they sell any with some extra time added to your day? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so amazing.
    i LOVE. love love love.
    xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking I need to make that red/white number. TOO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...