6.11.2013

on a Tuesday...

The girl finished pre-school yesterday (insert whimpering here) and is officially a kindergartner now. I just can't even think about it too much. I really need a rent-a-baby service nearby.

Today is the boys' last day of school but Zack is currently sleeping in bed with some kind of stomach thing. Awesome. Lots of plans out the window today but mostly just feeling sorry for the poor kid :(

Working my way through my breakfast smoothie. I'm terrible about breakfast but I will happily ingest my calories in liquid form at every possible opportunity. I bought this single serve smoothie maker a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it (can't beat the price either.) I've been sipping on simple frozen banana + almond milk + chia + PB2 (which I only bought because it was a suggested add on item to the smoothie maker and I remembered Missy raving about it) mix each day and it's got me off my no breakfast/mid morning snack-a-thon binge.

I'm frantically working on piddly, fiddly last-minute crafting for a baby shower Saturday. Cake making will commence Thursday; food shopping and cooking will dominate Friday. Summer isn't going to officially start in the Hernandez household until *next* Monday.

I am working on finalizing our summer schedule though. This will be the third year that we've worked off a loose schedule and that iota of structure makes things run just a bit more smoothly. And I'm all for that. When I'm rich, I'll just fly Lisa up here to do the planning/execution for me.

Oh, and Izzy's birthday is in a month. And my in-laws (Carlos' dad + step mom) may be visiting for a couple of weeks in July. And my mother-in-law may be moving back in with us this summer as well. Everyone is welcome but it makes for a stressed out Erica...all my own doing though. I need to just own it.

And we're in a perpetual state of remodeling. I've been mudding and painting and in a couple of weeks, we're knocking down a wall - whee!

I put a new alphabet set in the shop yesterday completely inspired by those awesome transparent alphabet tiles I've seen recently. I've been nostalgic for the days that I used to scrap regularly. My list project is fun and I'm excited to finish it but I've also been considering applying for a design team. It's been YEARS since I was on a DT but the AC call and Liz's call have me considering it again. Not sure I have what it takes anymore but I would love that motivation and it doesn't get much better than those two companies!


And today is the LAST DAY to take advantage of the early bird special pricing on the Phone Photography class...have you checked it out yet? If you're considering it - go consider NOW.

So how is your Tuesday?

3 comments:

  1. i have a baby that you could rent! :) two if you'd like a crazy 3 year old as well. two for the price of one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the alphas!

    I think you'd be a perfect fit for both of those DTs. And its true that having deadlines will get you making stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The alphas are so fun! And you would be an awesome addition to either of those DT's. Fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...