|(Heather and I decided that this mantra needed a graphic to go along with it)|
- photos downloaded from my phone + apps deleted (from my phone AND iTunes...I always forget that second part)
- email capacity under 50% (let's keep it this way, shall we?)
- digital photos organized (I save them by month/year)
- desktop organized and backed up (to my EHD + my back up EHD) I added a reminder to my calendar to do this once a month!
- I've unsubscribed from 95% of the newsletter type emails I've received in the past week (by the way...how is it you can be immediately subscribed but removal from a subscription list can take 10 days? also, I don't need a confirmation email for unsubscribing!)
- google docs whittled down
- dropbox files dumped
- blog reader significantly cut...I mean, brutally, ruthlessly, take-no-prisoners cut. I cut more than half of the blogs. It's still a ridiculously huge list but it's so much better. No updates in the past couple of months? (and seriously, some of the blogs I was still subscribed to hadn't been updated in 4 or 5. YEARS. Ugh) Cut. (and this would have made my blog a cut contender many times over the past 8 years) Incessant advertising/pimping? Cut. Truncated feeds? (and I do get why bloggers do this...I just rarely click through so why bother subscribing?) Cut. Lots of cat photos? Cut. (only partly kidding here)
Feeling so much better about my digital organization now. The challenge is to keep it up! Now to work on the other 27 items on my list (which I've been picking away at but not enough to call ay of the other items "done" yet. stay tuned...