8.02.2009

making stuff...the gastronomic edition

So I went out of town for a few days. I had good intentions of setting up a few blog posts ahead of time to post while I was gone but although I started 5, yes FIVE, new posts, none of them were completed and ready to go. I have a good start on them though so I should be able to get on a good roll this week :)

For this one, just a quickie. Another recipe that we really enjoy. I think I got it from allrecipes but I can't remember for sure! I realize it doesn't look like much in the photo but trust me - seriously delicious (as long as you like just a bit of heat.) I add some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve it over brown rice. Usually with some steamed broccoli (which hadn't made it to the plate when I took the photo.)


Orange Garlic Beef
  • cloves minced garlic (you know me by now, right? yes, add more)
  • 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 lb boneless sirloin steak cut into strips
  • 1/2 t grated orange rind
  • 1/4 C orange juice
  • 1 T cornstarch
  • 2 T soy sauce
  • 1 t sesame oil
  • 3/4 C sliced green onions
  1. Combine garlic, pepper and beef tossing well.
  2. Whisk together rind, juice, cornstarch and soy sauce.
  3. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add beef mixture and onions - saute about 2 minutes.
  4. Add juice mixture and cook until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes) stirring frequently.
  5. Enjoy!
And, a few link shares:
  • love this jewelry collection
  • we don't really buy bottled water anymore but how pretty is this diy project?
  • how fast could I go broke on $25 hooded onesies? FAST. Especially Dandy Lions. And mmmh, Delicious. And Pillow Fight. And Be Cool. And. And. And.
  • 2 comments:

    1. Thanks for the recipe, Erica. Sounds delish. I'll have to give it a try!

      ReplyDelete
    2. you always share the coolest links. i love those hoodies too. and the jewelry. and the water bottle projects. and that recipe sounds delish. i have to try it.

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...