After the previous post, I had a couple of people ask about the recipes I mentioned that we tried and really enjoyed. I'll try to remember to post about them as I re-make them. Here is one we tried that I made again last week. Super easy, all basic ingredients and it was even found in a weight watchers magazine. I'm not a weight watcher by any means but it was on the cover and I had to grab it.
Pasta. Yes please. Every day if possible.
Sun dried tomatoes? Oh yeah. Double the amount for me :)
And bacon. I could eat bacon at every meal. It is probably the sole reason I could never be a vegetarian...without bacon in the mix, I could easily be a veggies and pasta girl!
Bacon & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked multi-grain penne
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated low fat alfredo sauce (such as Buitoni)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato, packed without oil cut into strips
- 10 slices of pre-cooked bacon (I bought regular bacon and cooked it myself though)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (much prettier if you sprinkle on top of your bowl rather than mixing it all in like I did :p)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- cook pasta according to package directions; omitting salt and oil.
- while pasta cooks, combine alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomatoes in sauce pan. cook over low heat stirring occasionally. 6-8 minutes or until thoroughly heated and tomatoes are juicy and plump.4
- while sauce cooks, microwave bacon according to package directions. crumble bacon and set aside.
- combine cooked pasta and alfredo sauce in a large bowl. top with bacon, basil and black pepper.
And, a few other links that I bookmarked just because and the old blog is as a good a place to save them as any!
- we LOVE Oliver Jeffers books and his site is gorgeous
- another book we love and are anxiously awaiting the movie release in the fall...waiting patiently for the movie tie-in site to go live!
- and while we're talking about books - have you ever ordered a blurb book (not one created from your blog) I adore this guys art and am so tempted to get the book. He has an etsy store too :)
- and while we're talking artists - I stumbled on her work somewhere around one of the billion blogs I like to ogle and really love it.
- and this site just makes me laugh :)
- has anyone tried this? does it work? I've never bought anything from an infomercial but I am so damn tempted (and, they sell it at Target so I could even pretend that I didn't buy some cheesy infomercial product)
- I really dig this photo for some reason...aaaaaaand, I think I need to set up a photobooth for Izzy's birthday party (because I don't have a hundred other things to do for the party that are slightly more critical...like cook. and clean.)
- and these photos too...so awesome!
- possible birthday present? so fun!