8.15.2006

You guys...

I TOTALLY had this looooong post typed out - kid you not. And Blogger freaking ate it. I know there is no reason for you to believe me since I treat this blog like a red-headed step-child but it IS.THE.TRUTH.

So, I'll start over...it's not gonna be as long this time though, dammit.

You remember my last post - the one about the Dairy Queen coupons? Of course you do - you had to look at it for 3 weeks :p What a bummer that turned out to be. The coupons were for the ghetto DQ that doesn't even have a drive through...grrrrr. And to add insult to injury, they sent ANOTHER set of coupons for the same (*&%&$*# store like a week later! By the way - do you guys say "cooopons" or "qpons" because one of those pronunciations is like nails on a chalkboard - I'm not saying which one though :p

You guys could *feel* my excitement in that last post, right? Quite a blow the whole discovery was...

In other news, we went to Tar-jay today (all my Canadian readers...don't get too jealous :p) You know it's bad when both your 2 and 4 year olds know Target as their second home - Zack will actually pump his wee fist in the air as he chants "tar-GET, tar-GET, tar-GET" I AM a good mom. Anywho...we forgo the popcorn (Target popcorn is the best) but I did pick up some SWEET manpris. I actually got them *in* the men's department and they may very well be my favorite capris ever. I'm sitting here typing and they still have the tags on them - they are THAT comfortable. They would look completely ridiculous on a man but I may never take them off.

We also bought a new vacuum. This is the chunk of the last post that I'm not retyping because 1) it was suuuuuper long (but oh-so-witty) and 2) I don't want to get all pissed again like the first time I typed it. Suffice it to say, Zack was responsible for ruining the last vacuum. His weapon of choice was a coffee can of nasty old bacon and hamburger grease. The incident also involved three rolls of paper towel, a half a bottle of dish soap and an hour of my time.

Hmmmmm, oh yeah. Today is the 15th of the month. That means a new garden at 2Peas. I don't have anything in the Garden but I do have a new kit up. Check it out - you know you wanna. Also, I'm hosting a chat on the digi board tonight with Des (she rock.) We'll have goodies too. So if you read this post in the next 30 minutes, pop on over!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll have a BIG kit as well as one or two smaller kits up on September first so start saving those pennies...manpris don't grow on trees you know.

Hope none of you were hoping for a philosophical post this time around. Or maybe there are no readers left since I neglected so long. I could be typing to myself. So, say hi if you read :)

Also, I just spell checked this post and was amused to see that Blogger's spell check program doesn't recognize "Blogger" or "blog" as words yet...hmmmmm.

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 PM

    you're a little feisty today, huh? :p Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 PM

    I came here expecting to merely amuse myself by AGAIN reading Joanna's comment about you still being at DQ using your COOOpons. Instead I learn that you wear man pants. I wear boy's shoes. I know we were somehow separated at birth. Life is so unfair sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, sassy one!! Stinkin' bad DQ coupons. We have a scary DQ around here, too. Whohooo for Target and of COURSe Z & J are intelligent enough to realize the importance of fine shopping! : ) Whohooo for the new kit, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm... that is SO sad about DQ. I cry with you my friend.
    My kids love taget -- but we call it gui-target (more like guitar... with a little 'it' on the end).
    Need to check out the digi kits.
    Why aren't you in the garden?
    I want you in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:54 PM

    Your cracking me up girl! So glad you posted! :) Love your new kit - can't wait to see your goodies on the 1st. Huggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read!! :) And I think my new favorite thing about you is that you don't know enough about Britney Spears to know she spells her name with one "t". HUGE compliment...unfortunately, I (celebrity gossip addicted person that I am) know exactly how it's spelled. Be proud, because I am mighty ashamed right now.

    Oh - and thanks, because now I REALLY want some target popcorn. Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, i'm a little nervous to tell you how I say coupon. i think i would die if you didn't want to be friends with me anymore...but i'm gonna put myself out there E, because i like to keep it real okay? i say cooo-pawn. some people say coo-pin, not me. i say coo-pawn, but i don't drag it out that long. (2) I think that photo of you is HOT, HOT, HOT. Don't go to DQ, you'll melt the ice cream okay? (F) - Me, being a Southern girl and all, didn't see anything wrong with you saying, "seriously, ya'll come check out my stuff"...then I read the brittany comment and saw your sarcasm...i'm a dork ya'll, what can i say? (10) - The vaccuum story sounds scary, I'm glad you got a new one. Lastly, I loved your wittyness today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Holy cow, you are cracking me up. Gotta love some man-pants. Being big ol an preggo as I am, I have had to resort to wearing Jim comfy thanksgiving pants. HA!!!

    By the ways....I say q-pons. Coupons just sounds like croutons on crack. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. MANpris? They make capris for men? WHAT MEN? Sheesh. Are they like Mandals? This is really disturbing to me :)

    I have never had Target popcorn but I did just buy some cheddar cheese microwave popcorn and may have to break it out now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe if I get a COOOOOpon for Target I can get me some. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:05 PM

    wow...you were on a roll...at least your blog break hasn't been as long as mine. I actually forgot my username to typepad and it took us over an hour to figure out how I had written it:P And still...I didn't post:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Ah, she lives! (and apparently hangs out in the men's dept, too - who knew?!) Target popcorn rocks! :)

    P.S. Forget about the DQ cooopons ... you need some Cold Stone or Maggie Moo's cooopons! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. seriously, you are cracking me up.
    MANPRIS?? killing me, smalls.

    I gotta go check out your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:18 PM

    You are soooooo witty and smart. ...and you better never say Q-pon around me or I will run screaming from the room. Really. Promise. Better not say it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:02 AM

    Laughing my butt off over here E...you are cracking me up with your "manpirs"!!! lol...

    q-pons...vs. coopons...hmmmm maybe both ways..but thinking the first...lol...not to be confused tihe Tampons this early in the morning thought...right?!! *snort*!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Why am I even here checking? You just updated 2 days ago. I need to wait another 3-4 weeks before I check again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:18 PM

    ya well, I just gave up :P

    and "man"pris? My girls would DIE of embarrassment....I certainly could never tell them ;)

    happy you posted finally.....now we'll wait another month before hearing more?
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Ok Erica-Manpri's you are killing me here. I so get the Target thing! When Max and I pull into the parking lot he screams "Target Ahoy" like he is a long lost sailor finding nirvana! So excited to see your kits on 2peas... Now if you could teach me how to use them. LOL. Good seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He he he, I did i totally have stopped reading because I was sick of thinking about DQ coupons, lol. Oh and I totally hear ya about Target, Dylan has made it a point to tell everyone...and I mean everyone that he is going to work at Target when he grows up. Way to be ambitious there huh!? Love that place :) Can't wait for the 1st...gotta get me some E-designs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. um it is most definitely coopons. not qpons. qpons is nails on a chalk board to me and...

    see this from the American Heritage Book of English...

    This word, which was borrowed from French in the 19th century, was originally pronounced (k´pn´´). The variant pronunciation (ky´pn´´) developed in American English perhaps through association with words such as cube, cupid, and cute. Both pronunciations are acceptable.

    and yes I am a geeky librarian but i'm proud of it darnit.

    no ghetto DQ around here - no DQ at ALL! the one near FILs on Cape Cod burned down last winter - just found out they are rebuilding! yay!

    definitely will be checking out the target manpris. :) thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:23 PM

    ROLFMAO!!! i haven't laughed so damn hard in foreva!!! HAHAHAHA! freakin ghetto dq...LMAO!! I LOVE IT!!! i would've been so pissed, too. what a dang teaser. i don't even know if there is a ghetto dq here, let alone a yuppy one...lol. but i am at B&R all the time (it's really showing my my thighs & belly...really really need to consume less ice cream).

    i say coopons, do you? your boys & my boy would get along well. Tarjey is our 2nd home. it's a shame.

    bummer on your vacuum...i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...