I just did a recipe page as part of a birthday surprise for my dear friend Mel and had a few requests for the recipe so I thought it would be easiest to just post it here (since I have the pic and all :p)
Here ya go: Honey Chicken Teriyaki (serves 4)
2 lbs skinned boned chicken breasts
1/2 C flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
oil for frying
2 beaten eggs
1/3 C soy sauce
1/3 C honey
1 clove minced garlic
1 t. ginger
- Cut chicken into 2" squares (if you use the chicken tender pieces rather than breasts you only have to cut them into 2 or 3 pieces...much easier, especially if you hate touching raw meat like me!)
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken in beaten egg and flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2" of oil in a pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until golden brown: 6 - 8 minutes.
- Heat glaze ingredients in a small pan.
- Lift chicken from oil, drain briefly, dip in glaze mixture and place in baking pan.
- Bake at 250 for 20 minutes. Pour remaining glaze over chicken halfway through baking.
- Serve over rice.
Like I said on the layout, I usually double the glaze recipe and more than double the garlic (because I reeeeally like garlic :p) It's totally yummy with steamed broccoli. ENJOY!